The biggest craft beer fair in Spain and one of the key anual events within the Spanish craft beer scene.
Born in 2012 and in constant growth during its 6 editions, La Fira de Cerveses del Poblenou (Poblenou Craft Beer Festival) is the open-air craft beer festival with the largest number of attendees and exhibitors in the country, having received more than 30,000 visitors in its 2017 edition.
Poblenou, one of the most fashionable neighborhoods
in Barcelona, gives La Fira an unsurpassable location: at the
end of Rambla del Poblenou, in the middle of a beautiful wooded
park, 100 meters away from Bogatell Beach. La Fira is easily accessible by bus or metro from any point of Barcelona.
• 66% men // 44% women • 70% ABC1 • Average age: 35 • 70% catalan-spanish // 30% foreigners
• Coming from 9 different countries: Belgium, England, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Scotland, United States and Spain.
• 200 different beers were available to try during the weekend, and consumption exceeded 12,000 liters.
• 15 guided tastings and presentations conducted by brewers and beer experts were held as part of the educational activities that take place at the festival
• The attendees were able to taste the culinary specialties of 10 food trucks specially selected for the quality and variety of their proposals.
• The musical shows, curated by Miguelito Superstar (Fundación Tony Manero) included performances of live bands and DJs throughout the weekend
• + 30.000 attendees
• 45 breweries
• 13.500 liters
• 18 activities
• 12 Food Trucks
• 17 music shows
The National Beer Championship, which runs parallel to La Fira, seeks to reward the best beers commercially produced within the Spanish borders –
The third edition was held in 2017 and had 172 registered beers. Blind tastings were conducted by industry professionals from different parts of Spain, who voted through an App developed especially for the Championship. In a ceremony held during La Fira 42 medals were awarded in 14 categories. The Best Brewery 2017 award was for Basqueland Brewing Project, from Hernani (Gipuzkoa, Basque Country).